Jesus never intended church to be complicated. He also never intended that religious rules and law keeping would be the standard of His church. As Jesus taught and interacted with people, He came and did so on the basis of grace, meeting them where they were, and always offering something better. We desire to follow His pattern, and under the leadership of our pastor, Aaron Peternel, we will build His kingdom by following His example: loving like Jesus
We are a Free Methodist church. This is a church which began as a break off of the Methodist Episcopal church in the late 1860's. Our movement began for four important reasons as they pertain to today:
1. We believed in interpreting Scripture as the authors intended.
2. We believe in freedom of worship.
3. We believe in the value of life.
4. We believe everyone is worth the Gospel, with consideration to those who, at this time, can give nothing back.
To define what 'Love Like Jesus' looks like, we choose the following 5 directives:
1. Being worshippers, inside and out. 2. Pursuing holiness through a Biblical worldview. 3. Engaging the 'least of these' through grace. 4. Practicing unconditional love. 5. Elevating others at our own expense.
Church can be an intimidating place to visit — especially if you don’t know what to expect. We invite you to experience what the gospel means both intellectually and relationally. You can engage with others as much as you want, when and how you want. We hope that through visiting with us, you will experience the hope, love, and joy that comes from a community of people who love like Jesus.