Jesus never intended church to be complicated. He also never intended that religious law and rule keeping would be the standard of His church. As Jesus taught and interacted with people, He came and did so on the basis of grace, meeting them where they were, and always offering something better. We desire to follow His pattern, and under the leadership of our pastor, Aaron Peternel, we will build His kingdom by following His example.
Our Core Values
We are a Free Methodist church. In 2021 we took extraordinary efforts to narrow our core values to line up with the the direction of our movement and mirror the beliefs of our local church.
- We believe that a Biblical world view will put people on proper footing to know God, and make him known. (2 Tim 2:15, 2 Tim 3:16-17)
- We believe that the cross compels us to pursue a life of holiness and that holiness is evidence of Christ’s victory over all sin and a testimony of deeper relationship with God. (Romans 6:22, Gal 5:1, Heb 12:14)
- We believe that the church exists to work together; each person using their time, talent and treasure to help the church accomplish its purpose. (Eph 4:1-4, Romans 12:6, 1 Cor 12:12-26, 1 Peter 4:10-11)
- We believe that we are to be a people, having the mind and compassion of Christ, who give love through support, encouragement and mentorship. (Romans 15:1, 1 Cor 2:16, Gal 6:2)
- We believe that the church should be the ‘hands and feet’ of Christ, in service to our community, outside our walls. (Matt 25:35, Romans 10:14)
- We believe that the institutions of marriage (Gen 2:18, Mark 10:6-9), and the church (Matt 16:18, Eph 4:22-24) were created by God as foundational for a healthy society.
- We believe that public worship is essential for personal and congregational health and holiness. (Heb 10:25, Heb 13:3).
- We believe that life is a gift of God and has intrinsic value thus we appreciate life from the womb to the last breath. Valuing all life we commit to justice in our world that transcends discrimination based upon gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, disability, or other distinctions based upon Biblical support. (Prov 6:17, Isaiah 1:17, Jeremiah 1:5)
- We believe that every person has the right to hear the gospel presented at the level that they can grow and apply it. (Prov 4:13, Prov 22:6, Mark 19:14)
- We believe that prayer releases the purposes of God and commit to being effective people of prayer. (Psalm 34:15, Romans 12:12, Phil 4:6-7)
- We believe that as an American church we have been blessed with resources to share globally. We believe that each person should be about the work of the Great Commission beyond our borders and should participate in prayers, funding and as God allows making the effort to travel in foreign missions. (Mark 16:15, Acts 13:47, 1 Cor 16:1-4)
- We believe in pursuing excellence in all that we do. (Ecc 9:10 Colossians 3:17; Malachi 1:6–14; Proverbs 27:17).
"To forge in fire the links necessary to anchor people to the Biblical God."
"To have meaningful investment inspiring powerful life changing action in our community."
Connect With ROBFMC
Church can be an intimidating place to visit — especially if you don’t know what to expect. We invite you to experience what the gospel means both intellectually and relationally. You can engage with others as much as you want, when and how you want. We hope that through visiting with us, you will experience the hope, love, and joy that comes from a community of people who love like Jesus.